Using a Midi Keyboard
If you have a MIDI keyboard attached to your computer you can enter music very quickly.
- In the Edit→Preferences dialog under Midi tab select your controller
- Switch your MIDI controller on before starting Denemo
- Play some notes – they should appear in the score
- Press a number key to select a duration – a yellowish-brown note of that duration appears
- Play in some more notes.
- Note that you can enter in more than one duration, then just play the notes over the top.
- The choice of pitch spelling (e.g. E-flat or D-sharp) is controlled on the MIDI-controls.
- The Modulation wheel can also change the set of accidentals.
- Augmented and Diminished instruments are played on a separate channel – this helps catch pitch spelling errors.